You can nominate healthcare heroes in the following categories:
- Partnership hero - open to staff at all levels across health, care, and community organisations who demonstrate leadership across sectors, driving collaboration and cooperation.
- Living well hero – an individual or team who makes a difference to people’s wellbeing through the promotion of self-care and prevention. They empower others to take control of their own health.
- Above and beyond - there are no specific criteria for this award, it is open to people who have gone above and beyond what would normally be expected as part of their job role to deliver a positive outcome.
- Patient experience hero - an individual or team from a GP practice or the clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) that has made significant improvement to patient experience by responding to feedback and implementing change.
- Volunteering hero – a volunteer or group of volunteers that have made an impact, it is open to anybody involved in the health and care system and in a variety of roles.
David Richardson, lay member for patient and public involvement, Bradford district and Craven CCGs said: ‘’The healthcare hero awards are a great way to say thank you to someone who should be recognised and celebrated for the work they do that makes a real difference. I look forward to meeting the finalists and saying congratulations for all the hard work they do for people in our local communities.’’
You can nominate as many people or teams as you wish, please complete a separate form for each nomination. People can put themselves forward or nominate a team. Complete the online nomination form, telling us which category you are nominating for, how the people/teams meet the criteria, and why they deserve an award here.
The deadline for nominations is 31 July 2019.