Mums: how to make some time for you!! Read more
Carer support – Carers’ Resource
- help applying for benefits
- support planning
- guidance through the health and social care system
- information packs
- tailored information on any caring or carer related subject
- advice on how to apply for a carers assessment
- information about planning for emergencies
- opportunities to access coffee mornings, lunch clubs and supper groups
- access to leisure based classes such as art or aromatherapy.
Carers can contact Carer’s Resource directly, or you may be referred there by your GP or health professional.
For more information, please visit the Carers’ Resource website.
If you are a young carer (between 5 and 18 years) and need access to support services, you can contact the Barnardo’s Bradford Young Carers service.
You can call the service on 01274 481 183, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or visit the website for more information.
The DIVA Bradford project brings together information on voluntary and community sector groups across Bradford District into one directory. These voluntary and community groups include:
- branches of national charities
- advice centres
- local non-profit bodies
- campaign groups
- sport and leisure clubs
- community centres
- support and self-help groups
DIVA Bradford also has a calendar of local community events.