There are lots of services available when you need health advice. Read more
- Choosing the right service - using your NHS wisely
- Medicines waste - Don't use it? Don't order it.
- Buying your own medicines
- Online services for patients
- Children's health
- GP services
- Heart health
- Hospital services
- Learning disabilities
- Managing your own health
- Maternal health
- Mental health
- Men's health
- Patient support line
- Ramadan health
- Urgent and emergency care
- Summer health
- Winter health
- Women's health
Stopping smoking or not smoking at all is one of the most important things that you can do to improve your health and wellbeing – you’ll also be surprised at how much money you could save!
Getting help from your local stop smoking service is proven to be three times more effective in helping you to quit smoking. You can contact the Bradford Stop Smoking Service on 01274 437700. There is more information about the stop smoking service on the Bradford Council website.
Hints and tips for quitting smoking include:
- making a plan to quit smoking, set some realistic dates that you can stick to.
- identifying when you crave a cigarette, cravings can last five minutes so plan what else you can do in that time.
- moving more, exercise (even a five minute walk) cuts cravings and may help your brain produce anti-craving chemicals.
- making a list of reasons to quit, keep reminding yourself of why you gave up.