There are lots of services available when you need health advice. Read more
Patient participation groups (PPGs)
Every GP practice in the country now has a patient participation group (PPG) which you can get involved in. You can find more information about how to get involved with these at your GP practice. Many GP practices also have the details of their PPG on their website.
There is no set way for how PPGs work, they depend on the needs of patients who are registered with their GP practice. Their aim is to make sure that the GP practice puts patients, and improving health and wellbeing, at the centre of the work that they do.
Just some of the things that PPGs get involved in include:
- advising your GP practice on the views and opinions of patients,
- promoting health messages and campaigns with the practice - through things like events,
- building networks of good practice by sharing knowledge with other PPGs,
- running volunteer services and support groups,
- carrying out research to reflect the views of patients (and their carers) who use the practice,
- contribtuing and influencing the decisions that are made by our CCG.