The #BeClearOnCancer roadshow is at the Kirkgate Centre today and tomorrow. Read more
- Choosing the right service - using your NHS wisely
- Medicines waste - Don't use it? Don't order it.
- Buying your own medicines
- Online services for patients
- Children's health
- GP services
- Heart health
- Hospital services
- Learning disabilities
- Managing your own health
- Maternal health
- Mental health
- Men's health
- Patient support line
- Ramadan health
- Urgent and emergency care
- Summer health
- Winter health
- Women's health
Support for carers
If you or someone you know provides unpaid care for another person, such as a relative or friend, there are a number of support services you can access.
Support from the local authority
Local authorities can make an assessment to see if you are able to access further support as an unpaid carer. You can find information on support for carers from Bradford Council here.
- help applying for benefits
- support planning
- guidance through the health and social care system
- information packs
- tailored information on any caring or carer related subject
- advice on how to apply for a carers assessment
- information about planning for emergencies
- opportunities to access coffee mornings, lunch clubs and supper groups
- access to leisure based classes such as art or aromatherapy.
Carers can contact Carer’s Resource directly, or you may be referred there by your GP or health professional.
For more information, please visit the Carers’ Resource website.
If you are a young carer (between 5 and 18 years) and need access to support services, you can contact the Barnardo’s Bradford Young Carers service.
You can call the service on 01274 481 183, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or visit the website for more information.
The DIVA Bradford project brings together information on voluntary and community sector groups across Bradford District into one directory. These voluntary and community groups include:
- branches of national charities
- advice centres
- local non-profit bodies
- campaign groups
- sport and leisure clubs
- community centres
- support and self-help groups
DIVA Bradford also has a calendar of local community events.